Thursday, June 26, 2008

And so I begin.

Thank you for joining me on what I hope will be a life changing adventure for me and for anyone who will go with me. It is my intention that this blog will mainly focus on faith and love, conveyed through the power of words. Still, it is likely to be a journey of unexpected discoveries, as I only have a starting point, and the destination is not entirely defined.


As a retail manager, I often quiz my staff on what the "goal" is. If they don't know the goal, the next thing I say is, "So you're taking a trip, but you don't know where you're going. So how will you know when you get there?" Goals are vital to success in business and necessary in our personal lives if anything is going to get done. But I sometimes feel as if we are setting ourselves up to miss so much of what God has for us if we are goal driven in everything we do.


Nothing would thrill me more than to be able to afford to get in my car and drive with no particular destination other than to discover what is out there to see. No clearly defined goal, open to whatever I might find. So this is why I have decided to begin this blog--because I can't afford to get in my car and drive with no particular destination other than to discover what is out there to see.


(My brother John has a wonderful posting on his blog that speaks to this very idea. You can find it at: http://jtmcarthur.blogspot.com/2008/03/changing-directions.html )


Words, however, are free. And they can take you to some amazing places. They can touch you, inform you, empower you, console you, inspire you . . . set you free!


So it is with a good deal of excitement that I begin. I begin this journey at the coaxing of my brother John, whose love and support of me has been immeasurable over the years, but especially now. How can I say thanks, John? It is too big for words. And when it's too big for words, that's when you know . . . it is LOVE.

5 comments:

John T. McArthur said...

What a beautiful beginning! You have the gift of words.

Ken McArthur said...

Hey Robert,

Great start! Have a wonderful journey!

All the best,

Ken

Unknown said...

A great beginning!
Love, Dad

Gary said...

Well...I am definitely along for the journey. Speak forth with the wisdom God gives through years of following Him. Gary

Chris McArthur said...

Dad, I'm looking forward to reading your posts. Thanks for sharing with me.