Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My Love For You, My Precious Wife

A soft, warm thought of you caresses my mind and brings a quiet smile to my heart. A swell of deep felt emotion builds until it overwhelms me as I long to be near you and hold you in my arms. How I want you to know my love for you!

My love for you is relentless! My love for you is forever unconditional! My love for you has no end! I willingly give you my life!

How I long to sustain you in my love! How I long to protect you in my love! How I wish you could know my love in all its fullness, and rest there, secure, at peace, in my love, for all of your days.

Come away with me, my love, to that place where our two loves meet as one. Where nothing can stand against us! Where joy overflows! Where sweet victory is ours!

Come away with me, my love, to that wondrous place of knowing without speaking. And remain there, with me, forever.


by Robert A. McArthur

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Bible tells us, "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her." Ephesians 5:25 (NKJ) While this was written for his wife, you can see it is a picture of God's love for each one of us. God desires to have that kind of personal relationship with you.