Friday, July 10, 2009

My Precious Treasure

"Who can find a virtuous wife?
For her worth is far above rubies.
The heart of her husband safely trusts her;
So he will have no lack of gain.
She does him good and not evil
All the days of her life."

--Proverbs 31: 10-12 (NKJ)


For over 15 years I have wanted to write a song specifically for my wife, but never had just the right words or tune. Then last night as I was going around turning out the lights, I walked past my keyboard and decided to play a tune or two before I went to bed.

I do this sometimes, because it relaxes me to play some of the few melodies that I have written over the past years. I started off playing an untitled instrumental that I had come up with maybe a couple of years ago.

As soon as I started, I found myself singing words to the music! I had only finished the first few lines when I stopped, for fear of forgetting what I had sung, and ran to get my laptop computer so I could write it down.

Over the next hour or so I worked with the words I had been given and wrote her the song that I had been wanting to write all these years.

I truly feel blessed to have the rare and unique relationship that I have with my wife. My prayer is that others will learn how to love this deeply.

So, even though I am not able to share the tune with you, I thought you might enjoy reading the lyrics to Nan's song.



MY PRECIOUS TREASURE

God gave me a treasure,
That treasure is you, dear.
He blessed me much more than I deserve,
So much more.

My heart overflows with love,
As I thank my Lord God for the blessing
He gave to me,
When you became my wife.

This love is, oh, so rare
There are few that can dare compare,
To this amazing love we share,
Each and every day we live.

You will always be precious,
So precious to me, dear,
I gave you my whole heart long ago,
Long ago.

And with each new morning star,
I will rise up and somehow,
I’ll love you more than e’er before,
You truly are my life.

Oh yes, you’re truly my whole life.

I’m just so thankful you’re my dear wife.



"He who finds a wife finds a good thing,
And obtains favor from the LORD."

--Proverbs 18:22 (NKJ)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great Words! Nan, you owe this guy a big ol' smooch! You guys are great - God bless!