Sunday, July 6, 2008

Amazing Love

Sometimes I am amazed at a person’s ability to love someone . . .
. . . even when that someone is not likable.

Sometimes I am amazed at a person’s response to being loved . . .
. . . how it can melt away years of hardness or pain.

Sometimes I am amazed by how someone expresses love for me . . .
. . . and it catches me by surprise.

Sometimes I am amazed by how much I feel love for someone else . . .
. . . to the point that I am overwhelmed by it.

Sometimes I am amazed at how God loves me . . .
. . . even as messed up as I am.

Sometimes I am amazed that so many people don’t understand . . .
. . . that love is not necessarily something you feel . . .
. . . but it is always something you do.


Maybe we should all take a moment to thank someone who has loved us.

After all, they didn’t have to do it.

Maybe we should all take a moment to love someone who needs it.

After all, the Bible tells us,

"Love never fails.” I Corinthians 13:8 (NKJ)

(I'd love to hear your story about amazing love. Just click on comments and share a little love.)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, so amazing, so divine!

Michael McArthur said...

I love love. That's why we are here. That's what life is all about.

His love.

Anonymous said...

"Dear Children, let us not merely say that we love each other; let us show the truth by our actions."



-Alex

Anonymous said...

If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophesy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it, but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever!

Three things will last forever-faith, hope and love- but the greatest of these is love.


1 Corinthians 13

Anonymous said...

Robert,
I just wanted to say that everytime i read your blogs i learn something new about who you are and i think its awesome that you put yourself out there like that. I really liked this posting because when you know youre loved LATTIW:) and it doesnt STYB!..lol

Chris McArthur said...

It's amazing to look at the life of Christ and see his perfect example of love. No one had ever spoken or acted like him, and no one has matched him since. He accounted for the human condition, and offered to bridge our separation from the father with his ultimate sacrifice.

That's amazing love.